.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Moriash Moreau: My Second Life
Monday, June 19, 2006
 
"But what do you call it?"
It's been something like seven or eight weeks now, but I'm still stuck for one of the most basic components of my "low-rent survival-horror FPS." (Best description I've heard so far.) I don't have a name for it.

The working title is "Monster Machine," but that hails from the early days when this project was built around a single, central device (presumably a product of malign science and/or occult perversion). I envisioned something with lots of copper and rivets, engraved with unnerving symbols and emitting glowing green fog. But now that I've moved the whole shebang into a modern parking garage, and my central server is a manhole cover (and not even a particularly evil looking one, at that), it doesn't really work anymore.

Right now, I'm leaning toward the generic, but descriptive, "Garage of DOOM!" It defines the narrow scope: you, the garage, and... DOOM! And it pays proper homage to the venerable old computer game that inspired many aspects of the project. But I'm not terribly enamored of the name.

If anyone out there can think of a better title, please drop me a line in the comments. If I like it, I'll be sure and give you credit in the game docs.
Comments: Post a Comment



Return to Main Page