.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Moriash Moreau: My Second Life
Saturday, November 11, 2006
 
The Return of the Herald
I confess, I've been a little lax in my Herald reading of late. See, I end up doing most of my SL-related reading during my lunch hour. Unfortunately, for some reason that continues to mystify me, the DNS server at the office doesn't seem to recognize "SecondLifeHerald.com" as a valid domain. I've been understandably hesitant to go to our IT guy and say, "Hey, what's wrong with our ISP? I can't get my Second Life Herald!" And, I'm a bit embarrassed to say now, I hadn't made a priority of checking it at home. It didn't seem to be a big issue, given the once-every-week-or-so schedule it had when last I checked.

So, in any case, I just spent a few hours reading through the back archives for the first time in mumble-mumble weeks. All I can say is, "Wow!" If you haven't read the Herald lately, the drought is most decidedly over. The venerable old (by SL standards) reporting institution has taken on new life of late. (Was about to say "...has taken on a second life..." but I suppose that's cliche' now.) There is all sorts of new and inflammatory coverage, heralding (heh) back to the good old days. They've even brought back the Post 6 Grrrls! (But I just read the Herald for the articles. Yeah, that's it. The articles.) And, heck, even S/He Who Shall Not Be Named has managed to produce some occasionally insightful, and surprisingly concise, articles. Wonders never cease.

Do yourself a favor and click on over to the Herald. They're back! And, boy, did we need it.
Comments: Post a Comment



Return to Main Page