.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Moriash Moreau: My Second Life
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
 
SkyPod 1 RIP
Well, after two-and-a-half years, I finally removed SkyPod 1 from the Garden of Mo.

Unfortunately, due to recent RL events, I'm having to cut my holdings in Louise and tier down. This meant removing unnecessary prim expenditures. And, given that I haven't been in SkyPod 1 for more than five minutes at a time in the last few months, I decided to let it go.

Still, I'm feeling a bit wistful and generally depressed about it. SkyPod 1 was the first thing I built on my First Land plot, way back in early January, 2005. And the Holodeck was my first substantial scripting endeavor. I think every technically inclined newbie comes up with the idea of scripting a furniture swapping, prim saving system at one time or another. It's almost a rite of passage.

I have fond memories of tinkering with the SkyPod's furniture, making jokes about getting pureed by the giant spinning blades, carefully arranging classic literature (or the notecard-dispensing prim equivalents) on the tables in an attempt to look cultured... I'm going to miss seeing it hanging there above me, suspended from its tireless, counter-rotating props. It feels like the end of my Second Life childhood.
Comments: Post a Comment



Return to Main Page