.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Moriash Moreau: My Second Life
Thursday, March 17, 2005
 
Administrativa and Serendipity
First, a quick administrative note: This is the first actual post directly to "Moriash Moreau: My Second Life." All entries up to this point were created in another forum and transferred over. This should make little difference in the content, but I thought I should note it for the sake of historical accuracy. Welcome to the new blog!

As I was sorting through some screen captures, I ran across a couple of accidental pictures that turned out surprisingly well. I was pleasantly surprised with the level of facial detail available in the avatar editor. Take these two attempts at a geriatric avatar, for example.



Also, while rapidly shuffling through the screenshots, I discovered that the SL camera is ideally suited for generating stereo pairs. The linked image is a cross-eyed view stereographic image (cross your eyes until the images overlap). The left and right images were taken unintentionally, as I rotated the virtual third person camera slightly from one capture to the next. I will have to experiment with this further.
Comments: Post a Comment



Return to Main Page