.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Moriash Moreau: My Second Life
Thursday, December 28, 2006
 
Green Lantern in the Wild
Today, while wandering aimlessly at New Citizens Incorporated (SLurl link), I ran saw my first Green Lantern in person. The magenta fellow in the green-and-black is Marious Bishop, and he confirmed that he was, in fact, on anti-griefer duty at the NCI. At that point, I think the geeky fanboy in me wrestled my normal restraint to the ground (probably using a cheap knockoff power ring), and I informed him that they (the Lanterns) were "kicking all sorts of ass." There may have been a smiley involved in there somewhere, too, much to my chagrin. Mr. Bishop had no comment on this. I hope that he was just too busy with his duties, but I fear he might have read sarcasm where I intended honest applause. Sigh. Such is the downfall of text-only communication.

In any case, this was the high point of my evening. Here I was, wandering through the busy corridors of the NCI, and listening to so many people volunteering their time and their teeth-gritting patience to help new arrivals to the alien world of Second Life... All under the ever vigilant eye of a lone Green Lantern. It was a page from a comic book, brought to life.

Thanks, guys, and keep up the good work. You're kicking all sorts of ass.
Comments: Post a Comment



Return to Main Page