.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Moriash Moreau: My Second Life
Monday, January 08, 2007
 
Here We Go...
Well, as I'm sure you've all heard by now, the Second Life Client went open source this morning. I'll spare you the semi-informed speculations about the potential enhancements on the horizon, and leave it with a simple WOOT! This is going to be an exceedingly cool time to be in SL.

And yet, I feel the same urge to tape my windows, stock up on water, and check my ammunition that I felt before the last hurricane hit my RL home. Two-million-plus people have just been handed the keys to the kingdom. Open sourcing the client is a necessary step for SL if it is to become the 3D web. But it's also a risky one.

Buckle up, folks. It's going to be a bumpy ride.
Comments:
At the very least, I'm expecting to see a patch for custom input devices from you, honey ;)
 
Oh, would that I could. The limits of my applicable expertise stop with wire and soldering iron. I'm waiting to see what qDot Bunnyhug comes up with, anyway.
 
Post a Comment



Return to Main Page