.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Moriash Moreau: My Second Life
Monday, February 05, 2007
 
Daily Walk: 2007-02-05
Since I'm going to be light on real posts for the next few weeks, I thought I'd take the opportunity to finish up a little project I've had on the back burner. I've created a HUD to record SLurl locations and parcel names for locations on demand. During my morning walks (explained here, for those of you not already tired of hearing about it), I'm going to use the HUD to store interesting sights I run across. Every few days, I'll dump the HUD to e-mail (it generates the webpage for me already), and post the results here. Sometimes, I'll add commentary, and sometimes I'll just let the location speak for itself. This gives me a cheap way to keep my post count up, and perhaps it gives you, my loyal readers, a few nifty places to check out in SL. Win, win!

So, without further preamble, here's the first one.


Here are some interesting places I've found during my morning walks.



And, since I haven't done one of these in a while, I'll go ahead and post a stereo image of the cat sculpture from Zero Point. Note the multi-frame blur effect on the pigeon at the center. Nice, subtle effect that gives motion to the whole assembly. I don't know why I'm so enamoured of this one, which I'm sure most folks would consider one of the least impressive of the fantastic lot. Perhaps that's why. It's that much more difficult to do realism, and do it well, in SL. Or maybe I just like cats... Or dislike pigeons. In any case, do yourself a favor and visit sculpture gardens like Zero Point or Ramonia next time you're feeling burned out on SL. You'll be glad you did!


Comments:
COOL!
I love cats...
 
Post a Comment



Return to Main Page