.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Moriash Moreau: My Second Life
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
 
Maze in the News
The January 9, 2007 issue ( 4.3 MB PDF) of the Metaverse Messenger, in addition to its normal in-depth coverage of SL current events, just did a nice write-up of mazes on the grid. (I've scanned copies of the clippings: part one and part two.) As staff writer John Franchini points out, there are few mazes remaining in Second Life. They tend to be prim heavy, and take up considerable space. And there's no profit in them. I might add that few Grid citizens have the patience either to build them or to navigate them, especially given the frustration and disorientation inherent in clumsy avatar movement guided by the default camera (either in third person or mouselook) in close quarters. But, nonetheless, a few artistic souls persist in maintaining scattered mazes constructed here and there.

I'm one of them. I was quite pleased and surprised to the Garden of Mo's "invisible maze" mentioned in the article. I honestly haven't paid much mind to the maze in the past few months. I'd actually considered deleting it once or twice in the past few months, when my prim limit fell too low, but couldn't quite bring myself to do it. Glad I didn't, now. I may have to get back to a few more of the maze-based projects tucked away in my "Experimental, Incomplete" folder. I've been looking for a new project, anyway.
Comments: Post a Comment



Return to Main Page