.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Moriash Moreau: My Second Life
Saturday, February 17, 2007
 
Relay for Life Kickoff
Just got back from the 2007 Relay for Life kickoff meeting and, I gotta tell ya', I'm stoked. This is going to rock. Their goal this year is to reach US$200,000 in donations. Honestly, I think that's aiming low. They achieved US$42K last year, with something like a tenth of the population. (I'm guessing from foggy memory. Something like that.) I guess we'll see!

Eventually, when things clear up a bit at work, I plan on making some tie-ins through Plywood and elsewhere. At the very least, I'll have a Plywood donation page and a Relay edition of the Plywood SL-edition book. I'm sure I'll be mentioning this again soon. In the meantime, donate to Relay for Life!

Addendum, 2/18/07
Well, just added IMs to the Garage of DOOM guilting players into making a donation if they enjoy the game. Also added pledge cards in prominent locations in and around the Garden of Mo. And added signs stating that all sales at Mo-Tech Industries will be donated to the Relay. (Maybe that will cover the cost of a few stamps or something.) Spent last night and earlier this afternoon taking footage for a promo film about the treadmill interface and how I'm using it in the Relay. I'll be cutting it together in the next couple of days, once I find an appropriate soundtrack. Then comes the Relay edition of the Plywood SL book, and the associated donation page at the website (once online donations are up and running).

Batteries to power! Turbines to speed! The Moriash Moreau Fundraising Machine is on the move!
Comments:
Thanks, Moriash! Though I've gotta say, the official goal is US$75,000. 200K is my personal goal. :)
 
Post a Comment



Return to Main Page