.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Moriash Moreau: My Second Life
Tuesday, April 26, 2005
 
Rain
Today, during my lunch hour SL session, it started raining. This puzzled me. Did the Lindens add weather to the game? I didn't see anything in the release notes about it. What's going on?

Then I happened to spot a translucent sphere hovering at a hundred meters or so above me and to my North. It was shrouded in fog, so it was only blind luck that allowed me to spot it. As I watched, it bumbled around aimlessly for a bit, then set off at a leisurely pace to the South. It was carried by the wind! In less than a minute, the sudden storm had passed, pulled along behind the mysterious orb.

Sometimes, I seriously consider quitting this game. The last couple of days, for example, have been particularly disheartening. Then, something simple, random, and wonderful happens, and my faith in the potential of this world is restored. Thank you, Michael Psaltry, for washing away some of the dirt and debris from the past few days.
Comments: Post a Comment



Return to Main Page