.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Moriash Moreau: My Second Life
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
 
Late Halloween
Whilst sorting through some screenshots in my SL directory, I happened to run across a couple of pictures from this year's Halloween festivities.


I didn't do much this year. Mostly, I recycled some Garage of DOOM props. As you can see, I added a couple of Jack o' Lanterns here and there, and rigged some self-spawning Poltergeists. Lighting effects added quite a bit to the latter. The Poltergeists passing insubstantially through the trees and ground, casting a pale, flickering glow, made kind of a nifty effect.

I also recycled a few of the textures from the walking monsters, and built them into a simple sensor-driven particle effect. The upshot is every minute or so a monster would appear in the bushes and home in on the nearest passerby. Here I'm being stalked by a Wraith.


My neighbor Will Webb, on the other hand, went all out. His whole parcel was converted into a ghastly cemetery, complete with sound effects, gnarled trees, and dense grey fog. Added to this was a battery of green light sources scattered throughout. All told, it was really quite spooky.
Comments: Post a Comment



Return to Main Page