.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Moriash Moreau: My Second Life
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
 
News Brief
Just a quick note to catalog another few moments of my fifteen minutes of fame. I live for this stuff!

Thanks for the linkage, everyone!

Addendum, 3/7/07
Redaktisto Noble, intrepid reporter for SLNN, wrote a very nice article about me and the treadmill interface. The first part is kind of amusing. Redaktisto asked me to pitch the treadmill as if I were selling it. I think I went overboard just a tad. I'm glad he mentioned dDot's previous work. (I'd read about his bike interface before starting all this mess, and found out he'd also done a treadmill a few weeks after I rigged mine.) I've certainly never claimed to be the first. I know better than to claim to be the first at anything in Second Life! Probably just my own paranoia, but I always feel compelled to mention prior art when this comes up. Not that anyone has called me on it, but still.

In any case, as far as I know I am the only person in SL who is doing this now (dDot had to forgo the fitness equipment when he moved a while back), and I'd lay pretty heavy odds that I've logged in more miles than anyone else who has done it before. I guess persistence buys me a few geek points, anyway.

And I expect my regular readers (both of them) are sick of me rabbiting on about this treadmill thingy, so I'll give it a rest.
Comments: Post a Comment



Return to Main Page