.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Moriash Moreau: My Second Life
Friday, April 20, 2007
 
Ratings
Well, it appears that the Lindens are looking at removing the ratings system. Honestly, I'm not all that concerned about it, as you can probably guess from my mediocre numbers.


Not all that stellar, especially considering I've been here a bit over 27 months now. Still, I appreciate the few I have received over the last couple years.

In spite of my own dismal ratings, I can certainly understand why some people would be a bit miffed and disappointed about losing theirs. For many, this is a tangible representation of peoples appreciation of their efforts. For many residents, the occasional IM and pos-rate are the only rewards for their hard work. And even though they don't have any actual effect on the world, in concrete terms, I can sure see how it'd hurt to lose them. It'd be on par with someone breaking into their homes and confiscating their diplomas, certificates of merit, and bowling trophies. I don't disagree with the reasoning (the system consumes desperately needed server resources, and has been gamed and corrupted from the beginning), but it's a tough thing to see happen, nonetheless.
Comments: Post a Comment



Return to Main Page