.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Moriash Moreau: My Second Life
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
 
Apparently, I'm Legitimate
Ran across this article this morning on GeekPress. On April 16, US Astronaut Sunita Williams will be running the Boston Marathon... From space. She'll be using a treadmill on the International Space Station, and running by proxy. Her sister will be running the 26.2 mile race in person, roughly at the same time (give or take time shifting required by space station operations).

I think this is really quite cool. And it makes me feel a little less silly about my own comparatively paltry efforts in the upcoming SL Relay for Life. No, I won't be doing 26 miles, but at least there's a precedent for this kind of thing now. Kind of nifty.
Comments: Post a Comment



Return to Main Page