.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Moriash Moreau: My Second Life
Thursday, June 30, 2005
 
Fractal Gum
After spending a ridiculous amount of time and Linden dollars collecting all of the different flavors of Moopf Murray's Lucky Dip gum, I decided to try my hand at making my own version. (As I mentioned before, the gum itself is the easy part. Moopf's bubblegum attachments are clever, but the gumball machines/item servers are the really ingenious part.) I don't plan on competing with Moopf by distributing my alternate gumball design(s). In fact, I've just installed a Lucky Dip machine in the Garden of Mo. This was just an interesting way to kill an evening.

My gumball randomly maps one of three six fractal art images (created by Cory Ench, not that the tiny spherical projections do them justice) onto the bubble each time it's blown. There are three different animated bubble sequences, also selected at random:


Comments: Post a Comment



Return to Main Page