.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Moriash Moreau: My Second Life
Wednesday, August 10, 2005
 
HoloReader
Just a quick note: I posted a modified version of the HoloReader (as originally created for the NWN Book Expo) to the forums last week. You can find it here.

Basically, I converted it for a more "drop in" approach. It's somewhat less sophisticated (it doesn't have chapter skip and a couple other minor features specific to the Doctorow books), but it's considerably easier to use. Simply dump the page textures in the book prim, and adjust two variables in the script. (Unfortunately, LSL has no way to report the size of a texture, so you still have to tell the script how big the page should be.) People keep telling me that this kind of thing will become obsolete when the web-prim arrives (and perhaps it will), but I've got to believe there's some use for this script as well. Anyway, there it is, and you might consider dropping me an IM if you do anything nifty with it.
Comments: Post a Comment



Return to Main Page